We were suppose to go to Idaho to see our family but.... work and sickness came up so we ended staying home. On Friday evening we got a call from my brother, Phil, saying they wanted to come and see us since we weren't going to Boise so.... they drove and drove and drove and finally got here early Saturday morning!!! (Now he knows what I go through every time I drive home!)
We had a fun time with his family! Phil had never been to here so we tried to show him the nice and bad side!!!
Here are some highlights of the weekend!
We went to the temple and walked around in the rain!! We've learned that the rain can't stop us from doing things. Good thing we have umbrellas to keep us dry! It's always nice to walk around the temple. Its so beautiful and peaceful.
My pictures are out of order but... right as they were heading out of town we went to Multanomah Falls. We walked up to the bridge and got a little wet from the mist. The boys weren't sure about that!! Phil's boy had to walk the whole way up there so he got his exercise!! My boy walked most of the way too! What troopers! As a family we haven't been there for awhile so it was fun to see it again and go on a little walk!
It got nice long enough for the kids to go outside and play... but they came back in very muddy!! Thats why I am very glad we have tile in our house and not a lot of carpet!!It makes cleaning the mud so much easier. Tay has found it so fun to see how many different ways she can go down the slide.
This little boy is a true Idahoan... he doesn't know how to recycle or like it!!! He emptied out my sack of recyclables into my garbage!! Every time he saw it sitting there he would empty it into the garbage. It was so funny and cute!!!
We took the kids to OMSI. He was a trooper there. He was happy as long as he played with the flying balls. That kept his busy for awhile!!
The girls loved the water table and could have played there all day. The carried water from one table to the other table. Its amazing how much fun they can have with water!
Even little brother had lots of fun in the water this time. He usually is scared of getting wet but loved it!! I think its time we go to the museum more often.
We went out to eat at our favorite place to take family that come into town, a Mediterranean place. We also played games and rode bikes and played with bubbles out front! It was a fun weekend. We were sad that we couldn't go spend time with our family so we were happy some came to see us!!!
Thanks for the fun weekend!
5 comments:
how fun! what a nice weekend for you!!
xoxo
What a fun Memorial weekend with your bro. Take care.
Are you coming home this summer?
I'm happy you found us! Yay for blogs! It'll be nice to keep in touch now.
I love that you have a blog! Where have I been? I can't believe you had all this fun despite the weather! Fun pictures
I am so glad you had fun visitors over Memorial day and that the sun shined for about 4 hours of the whole weekend! I guess you showed them a true Portland weekend!
Post a Comment