CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Making Chocolates

Last weekend we made a quick trip home... First off... it was a horrible drive. The road got closed and we were stuck at the gas station for 2 hours. Good thing we have a 2 year old who loves to scream and who doesn't like to sit in his car seat. It made the 2 hours well lets just say...... interesting. Our next trip I think i will buy some ear plugs!!

But the reason we drove on bad roads was so worth it. My mother in law every year makes chocolates. Now these aren't just ordinary homemade chocolates. She has a whole process and works works works. She makes the centers which takes a full day then she dips the centers into chocolates which takes almost 2 full days. She does all these chocolates to give to friends and to us!! Which we LOVE! So this year i did get a few pictures but the best ones are on my mother in laws camera.
















This is my mother in law. She has 3 machines to temper the chocolate. She is one talented woman. I hope someday I learn how to do this art!





















Even the kids helped a little!! They love Grandma's chocolates and they were so excited to help this year.




















We were so glad to see Ty's brother's family. Here my child is sprinkling some of the chocolates. She got a little carried away with them but had a great time helping.

Thanks Ralene for letting us come and for letting us eat and for sharing the chocolates. They are so good!! Its been almost 5 years since I have made chocolates and it was so fun!!
It was worth the long crazy drive to see our family and get chocolates!!

8 comments:

Jessica F. said...

What a fun tradition. I love when people do thing on such a big scale. YUMMY!

Lori Harris said...

Wow! How yummy!!! I absolutely love chocolate, it is my downfall, but I still love it.

To answer your question on my blog...Tahlia sleeps like an angel in her bed and loves to go to bed at night. I love that, because she would stir in her crib for about an hour, then finally go to sleep.

Hope that you're doing well. I sure love you and love all our great times growing up together.

Jen said...

Yum! I guess that is the only thing that would make such a yucky drive worth it! Chocolate!

Krystal said...

Wow What a process.. That sounds like such a fun family tradition! You should really pick that one up :) Hope you guys are doing great!! Happy Holidays

Brittany said...

BTW WE LOVE THEM!!!!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK. We really enjoy reaping the benefits

Kao said...

Can you send me some? They look and sound absolutely yummy!!

Andrea Hatch said...

Oh man, that is my type of activity. Made my mouth water!

alicia king said...

wow! talk about love and hours all in one cookie! mmm! sounds so good!