I love this time of year. When there are fresh apples and lots of pumpkins everywhere! We went to an apple farm with our preschool class. Luckily school was out that day so all the kids got to go. The girls had a great time drinking their apple cider and going in the straw maze!!
This was one of those days that we won't forget!! It was raining so hard and I didn't want to go but Tyler said we need to be "true Oregonians" so we put our rain gear on and off we went!! We went to the Giant pumpkin weighing contest. Its where they grow these huge pumpkins and see who's weighs the most. They were amazing!!
This was the highlight of the festival. They got two pumpkins and used a crane to lift it up and then pulled a rope to drop it on this car. The two pumpkins weighed 2000 pds!! They pulled the rope the first time and it didn't work. They tried for 15 min to get them to drop and they couldn't. While they were trying to fix the rope it started raining so hard right in our face... It wasn't very enjoyable!!! so we walked away to keep the kids happy and right as we did they dropped them and crushed the car!! At least we saw some of it right!
Here is one of the pumpkins that they were weighing. It was so huge!! We didn't stay long enough to see how much this one weighs.
We went to another patch this last weekend and hopefully will get to one more before the season ends. My kids have so much fun and I can't decide who likes them more me or them!!! Please fall don't leave us to fast!!
12 comments:
I love pumpkin patches! It looks like a great time!
How stinkin' FUN!! As you know here in the good ol' town of Driggs there is NO such thing. What a fun time to spend together as a family and see your kids just LOVE it!
Cute pictures - I can't believe how huge pumpkins can get!
Wow, those are huge pumpkins! I had no idea they could get so big. I still can't believe that you know my sister! It is fun to see pics of Addie and Emma together.
Oh my gosh! What huge pumpkins, too bad it was raining, but a fun time by all. It would be so fun to go to a pumpkin farm. What a neat experience.
Those pumpkins are HUGE! I have never seen something like that in my life!
That would be so much fun! I bet the kids were amazed by such huge pumpkins!
I was cracking up reading about your day at the farm. You just can't not do something because of the rain when you live in the Northwest.
Those are GINORMOUS pumpkins! My kids would have LOVED to see them fall! (Did you know that to make pumpkins bigger than average they inject the stem with milk? You have to be sure your milk has hormones in it, though. It's true. Teilani told me and she knows stuff.)
Now I am feeling really bad that we wimped out on the festivities! Next year...
Pumpkin contests always reminds me of the Beirnstein Bears. I love the fall. You really are true Oregonians :-)
How fun is that?!! I bet your kids had so much fun. We haven't done anything harvesty yet; now I definately want to!!
I'm reminded of the times we went to the pumpkin patch in VA. Minus the HUGE pumpkins! Good times!
Super fun! I'm glad you're enjoying the holiday spirit, even in the middle of a rain storm! :)
Post a Comment