CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Nice Break

Yesterday was a GREAT Day!!! My friend that use to live by us drove about an hour and let me get out of the house. She offered or told me I had to leave and to get away for a little while. She kept all three of my kids and came to my house! I got to go downtown and go to lunch with Tyler and then I walked around the mall thinking that I would buy some new clothes.... but no suprise I came home empty handed!!
Thanks Jennis I owe you big time. The kids had so much fun and it was a great break from the crazy couple of months that I've had! Its always nice to have good friends!
I now feel like I can conquer the world with my new attitude and energy! That is why today I canned peaches. My kids love canned peaches and are so excited to eat them!
I will have to post pictures later!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great friend. I hope you had a great time!
Canned peaches are soo Yummy! Good job Gel!

Lori Harris said...

You deserve a nice break. Way to go on canning the peaches. You go girl. :)

Lori said...

Before towing kids around the mall with me, I would have never considered shopping all by myself as fun. Now, however, a trip to I.F. all by myself sounds so nice. Friends are the best.

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

Canned peaches .. YUM! And way to be ambitious and do it! I'm glad you got a day to yourself .. sometimes you get to the end of your rope and need a day to rejuvenate.

ashlee said...

Oh, I wish we lived by eachother. I would love to watch your kids. And I would love to go hang out with you, maybe not shopping but maybe we could go get some icecream :-)

Jen said...

Yay for a day off! I can' t believe you didn't buy anything, you are way more disciplined than me! And, I am so impressed with peach canning. I say I will do it every year and every year I chicken out. Maybe next year you can show me!

Sant Family said...

Yeah for friend that leave you better than they found you!

I have been canning peaches this week, too. It is a lot of work (and not very cost effective) but they sure do taste good! Ben (15) usually has a least one quart a day after school. I also love looking at the pretty bottles all lined up and filled with that peachy goodness!

Woolstenhulme-4-ever said...

Hey Gel
You have such a cute family! I just got a new blog it is www.woolstenhulme4ever.blogspot.com I think I might put my blog on private so let me know what your E-mail is!! Thanks Kortnee (Nelson) Woolstenhulme

Woolstenhulme-4-ever said...

Hello,
Hey I did put my blog on private, so E-mail me your E-mail address to littlered_pa@yahoo.com and I will invite you!! Thanks again Kortnee (Nelson) Woolstenhulme

becky said...

A. What an awesome gift -- I'm so glad you got to get away and enjoy some one-on-one time with your hubby.
B. I'm so NOT surprised you didn't buy anything. And I love this about you!
C. Canning peaches sounds hard, but wonderful.
D. Have I told you lately that you're a rockstar and I miss you and love you?