This week was my sweet grandma's b-day. She was a Valentines baby. I think she was born on that day because she was so sweet. She was one of the kindest and sweest ladies. Last night for FHE we had my cousins over and had a dinner that she always made, (roast,potatoes,gravy, green jello with pears,rolls, and the famous chocolate roll for dessert). Then after eating we sat down and told our favorite memories of our sweet grandma.
One of my cousins told of how grandma was a very intellegent woman. She went to college which wasn't what most women did at that time. She had a degree but she chose the best thing in the world to do. She chose to serve other to have a family. She did everything for my grandpa and never complained.
She was a great example of christ like love to our family. I hope that I can teach my children what kind of grandma they had so that the legacy can live with in our family!
We love you grandma and can't wait until we get to see you again someday!

3 comments:
So I just teared up at work reading about grandma... that's a little embarassing. Good job on keeping her legacy alive!
Jellica,
Thanks for taking care of the boys while they are here in Portland. You are a wonderful young woman and such a great little mother. We are so proud of your Tyler and what he has accomplished. Grandma would be so pleased to have had you spend an evening in her honor. You were always so kind and loving with her...thank you. Aunt Lana
I always loved how you were so good about being close to family. You always knew everyone at the family reunions.
Post a Comment