CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hopefully we're almost done!!

Last week Ty got another surgery! We are hoping its the last one he has to get. He got the screws taken out of his foot. He is now back to wearing the boot for 6 more weeks. The bones need to grow back together!! Hopefully they grow back fast!!! The screws look a lot smaller in the picture.





















Here are his scars. He only got 2 cuts this time. He foot is swollen but not as bad as it was before. Things are looking up! Its been a long 5 months. We are heading home for Christmas and he is off limits of riding anything that can tip over an off limits to ski. He made plans to ski but no luck this year. So I guess he gets to enjoy his time at home while I do a little skiing with my brothers. Hopefully I can keep up its been a couple of years.

9 comments:

Sant Family said...

Ohhhh... that is gross.

I've had both feet operated on and it is worse pain than childbirth. At least it was for me and I've had a 10+ pounder - and the babies' heads are always in the 110th percentile - all six of them, so I know a little something about it. I'm just saying - foot surgery REALLY HURTS! I feel super bad for your hubby. And you.

I am glad that you are going home for Christmas. I think Teton Valley is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Larry and I always say when we win the lotto we will build a log cabin there. Now, we just need to START playing the lotto to win, right?

Jessica F. said...

I cannot even believe the intense process it takes to heal a foot!?!?

As far as our plans...we are staying here. Either Sterling will stay at Radar or go to one of the other firms he has applied too. If we stay at Radar, it will just be for a couple years. We really like the area. Who knows though for sure!

Lori said...

Ouch! I think those screws look huge! Your poor husband. I can't believe how long the process has been. Hopefully I will run into you when you are back in the valley!

leslie mae said...

WOAH!! What a mess that turned into!! Hope it's over soon!!!

Lori Harris said...

Wow. Another surgery. Hopefully his foot will heal fast. Best wishes.

The Richards family said...

I really did intend on coming back after Christmas to at least pack and say Good bye to everyone. Thank you so much for being our friends while we were there! I think I really could have liked it if our cicumstances were different, But I am glad I got to meet you and I hope we can keep in touch. I guess we are only a blog away!! I hope everything goes well with the recovery and Have a good Christmas!!!

The Richards family said...

oh and my e-mail is beaudee@live.com Thanks, I would love to keep in touch!!

becky said...

Whoa -- those were the screws in his foot?!?! Oh man! It looks like frankenstein.

Heal quick, Ty!

Lynsee said...

Man I'm out of the loop! I didn't even know he had another surgery. I guess I'm not a very good sister. I hope your back to your old self soon. I love you a miss you guys.